Resting in a
natural scene of great beauty between forests of
oaks and coniferous and the waters of a
beautiful dam, Valle de Bravo constitutes one of
the most pleasant towns of the surroundings of
Mexico City, that by its natural and artistic
magnetism it has attracted visitors of diverse
parts of the world.
Valle de Bravo
is located at the west of the Estado de Mexico
two hours away from Mexico City. The zone was
populated from remote times by mazahuas, a
native group of the center of our country.
Nevertheless it was not until the first stage of
spanish colonization when the first construction
of importance in the place was built, the Temple
of Santa Maria Ahuacatlán. Later the population
had a moderate development and was declared
villa in 1850. In 1947 the construction of
the Valle de Bravo dam was finished motivating a
great touristic development by means of the new
possibility of practice aquatic sports.
Bravo is characterized by its beautiful spotted
streets that run windingly in unevennesses whose
houses are predominantly white and with wood
eaves and tiles. In many of those constructions
art galleries, stores of design, crafts and
textiles have settled down, increasing the
attractiveness of this population. In the
environs Valle de Bravo, are several golf
courses and ecoturistic hotels of first level.
Thanks to the
privileged natural environ in which is located
Valle de Bravo there can be made a great number
of activities like long walks, rock scaling,
flight in wing delta, mountain bicycle and an
ample variety of aquatic sports as navigation in
saiboat, kayak, among
others. Another attractiveness of the zone are
the monarch butterflies who culminate their
passage from Canada in the forests of the zone.